The Free & Fit Challenge 2017 - Freedom in Friendships
If one person falls down, a friend can help you back up, but pity the person who falls and has no one to help them up! Friendships help us overcome obstacles and challenges in life, good friends lift each other up and help get each other through hard times. To be a true friend is not easy, and we must look even more carefully for those who will be true friends to us. True friendship involves time, energy, love, listening and availability. The need to have available and loyal friends is very important. A true friend is somebody who picks up the phone, meets you where you are at, whether you are high or low, and somebody who celebrates your losses and victories as part of everyday life. These are always the people you go to in times of need. However, do we, as individuals, offer this same friendship to others? Are you that true friend? Are you available? When we look for true friends, remember to be a true friend also. So lets be not be difficult, lets instead give our time, offer positive energy, love unconditionally, listen eagerly and most importantly lets be available. Its also important to remember that friendship grows over time and is not always poossible to gain true friends in large numbers. Very often friendships are only one or two true friends who remain faithful throughout seasons of life and over years of obstacles and challenges. If you mistake large groups of friends for true friends you can find yourself with lots of superficial relationships instead of deep and meaningful relationships. Remember the people you surround yourself with influence who you are. Those who walk with the wise become wise...and those who choose to spend time with people lacking wisdom usually end up in trouble! Stay trustworthy, stay loyal and be a true friend! About the Free & Fit Challenge
The Free and Fit course has been created to build strong social skills, charge healthy physical bodies and to instil a well balanced and sound mind. Participants who complete the full course over 12 months will learn how to work effectively with their team members to build strong values of power, love, and self discipline.
Free & Fit Vision
The vision of free and fit course is to engage, motivate, improve and hence find freedom in a physical and spiritual state. As such the freedom that leads to a peaceful heart; leads to a healthy body. The course is built upon the core value of learning together to be disciplined and motivated in our faith as well as our fitness.
Instructions for Group or Individual Facilitator
1. Select a sport and space where you want to exercise, book a date and time to meet and invite your friends!
2. Before exercising ensure the space is safe and that no participants are experiencing any illnesses or injuries.
3. Set up a structure of three different exercise routines which you can introduce, read and reflect upon the selected bible verses. In the welcome and warm up introduce the topic and ask the members what they believe the topic to mean.
4. Read the verses in order before each exercise and ask the group to think about the verses during the three different exercise routines.
5. Reflect on the verses and topic at the end of session during a warm down and discuss the answers to each verse and questions at the end of the workout. Bible Verses for Discussion On Friendship 1. Proverbs 12:26: A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray. 2. Proverbs 27:6 Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses... As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. 3. Ecclesiastes 4:10. Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! 4. John 15: 12 – 17. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 5. Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm Questions to be asked at the end of the Session
Why is this topic important?
What does this mean to us/me?
How can we challenge ourselves with the verses we heard during the exercises?
Testimony Time of Prayer and Reflection
Think about a time of thanksgiving and outward reflection.
Simply praise reports and prayer requests.
Sign Up. Tune In. Take Part
UK London Contact Details:
Contact: Nav Merghan
Address: Meet at St Mark’s Church, Next to Oval Tube,337 Kennington Park Road, London SE11 4PW
US New York Contact Details:
Contact: Timothy Cheux
Address: Meet at Starbucks, Next to Central Park, 600 Madison Ave, New York NY 10022
Freedom // Fitness // Fellowship Faith and Fitness London © Copyright 2017 Free and Fit Challenge © Copyright 2017